EastCoast Cad 3D Piping

greenjayn

EasyCoast CAD/EastCoast CAD 3D Piping

Does anyone know anything about this program? How do you like it? If at all?

How are the finished drawings? Is it easy to adapt to it from an AutoCad base?

Do the Iso and spool drawings work well?

Thanks in advance

EasyCoast CAD?

The company I work for stopped upgrading EastCoast CAD at version 2006 when we changed platforms to an AutoCAD based program. Occasionally we have to go back to EastCoast for those projects that won't go away. The program was very easy to use. I used the program for ductwork, but did some pipe/spooling in the early days. I have played with version 2008 a little, nice to see they finally made some changes.

The biggest problem we had was constantly importing/exporting for AutoCAD, since AutoCAD is what the other Subs-Contractors and A/E were using. I'm sure there was a simpler method than what we did, but regardless there will be some form of downtime for the import/export.

The finish drawings come out pretty good. Its pretty easy to adapt, the program is all menu & Icon...no key entry and no hundreds of systems variables that you have to spend an hour trying to look up.

Have to draw router lines in order to draw the 3D pipe. The Iso/Spool drawing come out ok. Think you have to build your own fitting library/database...other software have the big fitting companies already done.

Didn't get to try the ABS import, but saw the video...seemed easy, although you still have to go back through and clean things up.

EastCoast are currently developing a system along the lines of ABS/MEP/CadDuct to be used inside AutoCAD & it's supposed to be all-singing but it's still a way of being finished... we've seen a demo but didn't go for it (maybe for the future)... we went down the CadDuct route for now.

• 2 years later...

EastCoast has released the product: Fabrication for AutoCAD MEP. It integrates directly into AutoCAD MEP. You might want to check out their website for a demo. They have a few on YouTube as well.