How do I work from AutoCAD 2010 to AutoCAD 2009 edition??

Meglesniak323

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• AlinOz

• Meglesniak323

• Cad64

Just make sure you are saving to a dwg file of an earlier version. Please remember when you are working with other companies outside your company when you finish with your schooling that others may be using earlier versions of AutoCAD as well and in order for them to view your drawings, This is always a safe bet.

I'm using either '05 and/or '07 depending on which computer I'm at.

I always save to vs. 2000 as the request of many engineering firms, contractors, etc. I have options set to save as AutoCAD 2000 by default.

Too many calls, "Could you resend in an earlier version?"

I always save to vs. 2000 as the request of many engineering firms, contractors, etc. I have options set to save as AutoCAD 2000 by default.

Too many calls, "Could you resend in an earlier version?"

You don't have to save in 2000 format. You can save in any format you want. As long as you always Etransmit your files, just set your Etransmit file format to 2000.

what is the difference of the AutoCAD 2007 Drawing (dwg) and the AutoCAD 2007/LT AutoCAD 2007 (dwg)?

The 2007 & 2007LT drawing Database is the exactly the same. Basically AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT in a particular version are exactly the same excepting certain features used to produce the Objects are stripped out.

For example - AutoCAD LT cannot produce 3D Objects (let's take a 3DFace in this case). LT cannot draw a 3DFace, but it fully understands what it is and if it is already in the drawing, you can edit it in any way you choose (yes, even copy it), but there's no command or interface of any kind to be able to produce one.

Thank you ALL once again!... Ive followed everyones advice so I am at a good understanding with AutoCAD, however I believe that no matter what, AutoCAD 2010 is just trouble! It is causing issues even after I bring the file into 2009.. I ended up having certain lines and blocks missing, and 2009 cannot recognize it.

I am trying to modify my dimension style (through 2009) and it is not accepting certain information. Im afraid that it has to do with 2010 and that my dimensions are really off. For example, when I enter the command DIMSTYLE, I then click Modify (for the standard or even a new style name), then under Lines you can edit the 'Extend beyond ticks' ... it is currently at 0" and I have been told to change it to 1/32" ..When I enter in 1/32" it immediately goes back to 0"

I am not sure why.. The Baseline spacing is at 1/4" and everything else is left the same. My units are at Architectural and when I draw a line it is the correct length, so I am not sure where I went wrong... Any advice?

Anyways, I doubt I will be using my 2010 very often now..

... it is currently at 0" and I have been told to change it to 1/32" ..When I enter in 1/32" it immediately goes back to 0"

I am not sure why..

You need to change your UNITS "Precision" to something smaller. If you are trying make a change of 1/32", then you will need to set your "Precision" to 1/32" or smaller in order to visually see the change.

Type UNITS at the command line to access the "Drawing Units" dialog.

B*****r Cad64 you stole my thunder:)

As for the 'lost' blocks and objects situation, that's weird - all my tests have come up OK and entities don't just get lost. Certainly, they may not react the same way because particular functions aren't available in the earlier version, but nothing has ever just disappeared...

Perhaps you need to post an example DWG so that we can see what's happening here... If you do, can you also include an example of what you would expect (i.e. How it plotted in 2010 vs 2009)...