Cad 2009 Sucks!

michaeloureiro

The only good thing i found was that there is a command for copying text from model space to paper space, scaling appropriatley and vise-versa. Shame im not competent enough with VLISP yet to replicate that kind of command :(

Z

A bit late, but here it goes anyway:

That CHSPACE command you are talking about used to be part of Express tools, and was therefore a lisp routine. In fact, until I read your post I didn't even know it is now core functionality. I use it all the time myself.

http://www.hinst.net/~phalcon/cad/AutoCad/Bin/acadFeui/Program%20Files/Root/Express/chspace.lsp

Simply download and use with your pre-09 version of Autocad, or just install Express Tools altogether.

Having said that, just because 09 & 10 have a ribbon doesn't mean you have to avoid the program alltogether. Just turn the ribbon off and enjoy the useful features that 09 or 10 do have.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danny

• rkmcswain

• ReMark

• TigerByTheTail

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I don't think they are undermanned and I don't think they are poorly managed. When I said "managed properly", I was referring to the programs themselves, not the programmers or the supervisors or anyone involved with the production of the programs. I just feel Autodesk is not managing their product line sensibly and they are releasing these programs too soon. They should spend more time working out some of the kinks instead of just trying to hit the March deadline every year.

Release the programs when they're ready, not because of a date on the calendar.

I agree :D

Release the programs when they're ready, not because of a date on the calendar.

I agree :D

That doesn't work when you have annual stockholder meetings. :wink:

• 1 month later...
I´ve always been open to change, but the "new" version of Cad is just annoying.

Cad has been the standard and it has influenced our work habits for decades. Change for the sake of change doesn´t convince me.

Any comments?

In 2010, I finally just turned that ribbon off and turned on all my tool bars like I had it in 2007. I just couldn't see sitting for an hour hunting down buttons that is just a click away in my conventional tool bars

i found the ribbon a bit clunky, but gave it a try. the only reason i abandoned it was the cui editor kept crashing when i was trying to create custom ribbons, etc.

2010 c3d is very ribbon oriented, so i'll be using it, regardless of how i feel.

there's no reason to get upset though, "menubar" will turn on the pulldowns and you can still use toolbars.

Hey..I had that same problem!!! But when I went to "classic" the CUI didnt crash. I thought it was just my software that was doing that.

If you stay with the older versions, you're missing out on the new features in AutoCAD. In LT 2010, they've improved the way it handles images, which I use a lot.

Go to 2010, switch to classic mode, and you'll have the improved features, but with the old look of the menus.

If you stay with the older versions, you're missing out on the new features in AutoCAD. In LT 2010, they've improved the way it handles images, which I use a lot.

Go to 2010, switch to classic mode, and you'll have the improved features, but with the old look of the menus.

...and if you stay with the "classic" look, you'll soon start missing new commands, etc. The Ribbon will be updated, but not the menus and toolbars. Just like the image menus and screen menu were left behind in past releases...

Good point rkmcswain. I guess I'll have to update eventually, and then I'll really be lost!

I've been struggling with the MS ribbons (no classic mode there), but I'm starting to get familiar with them. I might have to give it one more try in AutoCAD.