How do I add the same objects to two separate layers

GmoCAD

I am doing a floor plan and I need to have two text layers, one existing and one proposed. I would like to use the same text on the two layers but I can't seem to choose the two layers at the same time when selecting them. Any help will be appreciated.

I dont think you can have the same text on the same layer, you could copy the text on top of eachother and have one for each layer and freeze out what layer you dont want showing, someone else might have a better idea

There is no option for selecting two layers at one time to place text on. Follow the advice given previously re: CopyToLayer. It might help too if both layers have been assigned different colors.

There is no option for selecting two layers at one time to place text on. Follow the advice given previously re: CopyToLayer. It might help too if both layers have been assigned different colors.

I was under the impression one could do anything withAutoCAD I guess I am stuck with this problem....thanks for your replies anyway...:unsure:

It seems non-sensical to me to have an exntity that is exactly the same on 2 different layers. Why not just have one entity on one layer ?

Makes much more sense.

To do virtually anything with AutoCAD you have to download and install the Magic Toolbar. With this add-on you can even print money.

It seems non-sensical to me to have an exntity that is exactly the same on 2 different layers. Why not just have one entity on one layer ?

Makes much more sense.

You would think that way until you see my dilema. So then how would I show the same text on existing and proposed layers. The text I want to show is the names of the streets on the sides of the building, I am thinking maybe create a third layer with the names of the streets...:idea:

"Where there is a will there is a solution" gl

To do virtually anything with AutoCAD you have to download and install the Magic Toolbar. With this add-on you can even print money.

"print money" ? Now wouldn't that be illegal?...........on the other hand it sounds very interesting.......where can I get a preview of the "Magic Toolbar"?

Nothing is illegal in Fairyland which is just where the Magic Toolbar resides. Perhaps I should have included this...:P

A street names layer would be a logical solution.

...and that's exactly what I did.........thank you, as you can see I have the knack for making simple situations difficult.

:D I am soooooo glad for CADTutor......thank yall very much :D

lol, brilliant..

I near wet myself

where's the link???