HiFiJr

Changing Opacity of Solid Hatch

HiFiJr

Is there a way to change the opacity of a solid hatch fill color? I want to 'highlight' some areas in plan, but want the colors to be transparent. I'm using Autocad 2007.

azzro10
Is there a way to change the opacity of a solid hatch fill color? I want to 'highlight' some areas in plan, but want the colors to be transparent. I'm using Autocad 2007.

you could just use a dots hatch patten placed close together making it look transparent

CADken

i'm not aware of a "highlight" function... typically clouding the area works as calling it out, however you could use dashed lines or dot (as suggested above) to "highlight" an area and have it remain somewhat transparent.

Guest LElkins

Could you not just set the draw order of the hatch to back, that way the area will be 'highlighted' and you will be able to see the linework too.

Cheers

architecture68-raff

The easiest way to do this is to modify a plot style for screening. I typically use a value between 10-40 for the screen, depending on what the application is.

After you have done this, then either apply your new plot style to your object or hatch layer (stb), or assign your hatch to the screened color (ctb).

SLW210

You could try SUPERHATCH and set transparency and fade. You just need to take a solid color and save it as an Image in an Image Editor. I used a screen shot and print screen and cropped the color. Select the hatch then Properties and I adjusted the Transparency, Intensity and Fade etc. through Properties.

indianateresa

Thank you! I've been searching HELP for a transparency setting. Never occurred to me to just push the hatch to the background.

LGB
You could try SUPERHATCH and set transparency and fade. You just need to take a solid color and save it as an Image in an Image Editor. I used a screen shot and print screen and cropped the color. Select the hatch then Properties and I adjusted the Transparency, Intensity and Fade etc. through Properties.

THANK YOU! :shock: Great solution! Congratulations!