Modifying the WD.ENV file

Glen Smith

Has anyone successfully modified the %SL_DIR% allias in the wd.env file so that it points to the right directory for the symbol libraries?

I have tried with and without quotes, both '/' and '\' slashes. there appears to be no help on the subject and a web search turns up only a few - all unhelpfull links.

I've managed to modify the WD_INSCOMPDLG variable so browsing at least starts in the right place, but it sure would be nice to insert symbols from the icon menu directly.

Thanks

Glen

I found that thread in my search, that helped me to modify the WD_INSCOMPDLG variable (which worked). But I still can't set the allias so that AutoCAD will automagically search the symmbol library path.

Thanks,

Glen

Sorry to hear that Glen. I'll keep searching.

Have you tried over at the AutoDesk Discussion Groups or at the AUGI forums by any chance? Don't want to repeat my previous mistake.:oops:

I know you can change that path in the project settings.

Other than re-doing the deployment, I have not messed with the .env file... scary things happen....

I did a google search and didn't get many hits, one that did come up was this:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=690390&tstart=570

but even there no one has posted an example of the right syntax for using the allias. I have been trying various permutations with no luck. Electromans suggestion of changing things in the project settings has merit, but I'm hoping to get this set up once and not have to copy settings from project to project.

Thanks for the help.

Glen

Glen, I get most of my ACE questions answered at http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/. Go there and register then click on AutoCAD Electrical and post your questions. The response time isn't always very quick but there are some ACE instructors who answer a lot of the questions. You'll get clear and and easy to understand answers there so check it out.

Dawn