Need Help

tennisace77

i am using autocad 2008 and i am trying to plot a drawing but when i print it out the drawing is missing some parts. this problem can also be seen when i use the plot preview. all my layers are good but certain block layers are the ones that are do not show up in the print preview or printed drawing. please help.

thanks

Also look into the Layer Properties manager and see if the layer that has these objects has a slash thru the Plot icon at the end of the layer information.

Post one of the blocks so someone can have a look at the layer, settings, etc. Also, are you using layouts?, and if so have you checked the layer settings specific to the viewport?

the layers that i want are not on defpoint and they are set to print (no slashes on the plot icon) but i am still having the same problem.

Is it possible that when the block was created, That some lines may have been on the defpoints layer in the block definition even though the block is inserted on another layer.

You would need to explode the block and check it layers to find out.

Use the advanced posting option and select the paper clip icon for attachements. You can browse for the drawing and then upload.

Not sure if this would help. AutoCAD 2007 has a service pack 2 available. I did notice some issues regarding MTEXT, But none for regular text. There are a host of other issues and it might be beneficial to install it anyway. Do not mean to waste your time as I am all out of answers for this problem.

I will leave it up to others to come up with a solution for you.

Good Luck

hey guys...thanks for all your help and suggestions. i figured out what was wrong with the drawing. the exref block that i was using seemed to have something wrong with it even though everything seemed to be fine.i detached the exref and used a backup reference from which the original exref was taken from and when i did this everything worked perfectly. anyways...again i really appreciate all the suggestions.

~Ace