Contour labels have line through the center?!?!?

courtfetter

I've completed my contour labeling and the labels have a vertical line through the center of them. Is this an anchor point? It looks liek my station tic. How do I get rid of it?

The labels are on a custom layer(x-cont) so that they may be frozen in other viewports. However in the other viewports, when freezing the "x-cont" layer only the label freezes but leaves this same line behind.

I attached the 2 viewports images. How do I fix this?

cont labels with tick mark.jpg

Maybe....

Select the label (select similar if you want them all) > Properties > Display contour label line = false

That kind of worked. It go rid of the line and now shows clean in the other viewports but I lost the masking?

That was the 1st thing I tried after the recent change to the properties. No luck. I have a feeling this line is associated with the "tic" block that I used for the stationing tics. But I can't find this reference anywhere.

that's the contour label line. you must have used the multiple at interval label option.

nothing should have been lost, strange...

All labes were labelled with the "individual" method. There has to be a setting controlling this. I am looking for a setting that must be set wrong to include this middle line/tick. Why on earth would you ever want this line? It's not even a grip. Other thoughts? Worst case I guess I lose the masking?!?!?

In the Contour Label Style, is the Background Mask = True? (under Border)

also... the contour labels done individually are essentially the same as the labels done as multiple. If you select a contour label, 3 grips appear; if you drag one of the end grips across another contour(s), labels should appear.

there's a setting to have it automatically turn the contour label line off. i have it set that way, and if i want to move a label, i can just click on the label to active the grips.

That go rid of the line, thanks. But now I don't have any masking?!?!?!? I understand that the only section where the masking is controlled is under surface/label style/contour/Standard. I've edited this "Standard" several times changing the background mask from true to false under the border section but it does nothing. This should't be this hard AUTODESK!!!

cont label settings-2.jpg