• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• russell84

• Ritch7

• Hedgehog

• EFL

Top Posters In This Topic

there is one its called "Alan Cullen" AKA THE LISP MAN :shock: hes too good on the subject lol

but all serious, yeh im very intrested to on this question, there must be?!

Guest Alan Cullen

Ritch, remind me to come hunting you. :lol: :P

"lisp gernerators", never heard of such a thing. But I do think I understand where you are coming from there. To my knowledge, lisp cannot be interpreted like from one language to another. Lisp is a specific program language, you cannot write a sentence out, and expect it to be interpreted to lisp.

Sorry. :(

no i have actually just downloaded a free lite version of a lisp generator

Once you click on a command it generates the lisp code for you

easy as that - wouldnt it be great a lisp generator with full civil 3d version commands..

Lisp is already a high-level language... you want another language to control it?... as with any langauge that's supposed to program a set of functions you have to have a way of telling it what you want it to do... a set of instructions. That's what lisp already is.

yeah for sure sure you need a language to write the functions initially

But why cant a version of a software be realesed that has a lisp writer function assigned to each command - so as you go through the commands the generator follows you and creates a new lisp for a new function..

Am i right - this could be done

so get writing guys - first one to write a program that does everything autocad does but instead creates lisp routines instead gets a few bucks.

:)

ps send it to me

I feel your time would be far better spent looking at a few existing lisp routines (you'll find loads on here) & seeing how they work (it's not difficult to figure them out)... then try some customisation on them before starting to write your own. Anything you're really stuck on you'll probably find someone on here that'll help explain... if you're really nice.

Guest Alan Cullen

Seriously, Yeah you can turn an acad command into a lisp line of code. But, how does that convert this?

(command "COPY" name "" p1 p6)

p1 and p6 have not been pre defined. So the answer is

(command "COPY" name "" pause pause).

Take it from there. It suddenly gets very user interactive. That is not what lisp is about.

So just cut the nonesense. Lisp is not a "lisp gernerator" issue.

Guest LElkins
ha - i'll take the lead and start then guys

shouldn't be too hard hahaha

anyone know how to make a program platform? ha

So basically you want a command recorder, similar to that which is included in 2009? Or do you just want an interface where you can click - click on icons and it will add the commands for you?

If you want to record your cad work, theoretically shouldn't be too difficult using key-capture and a bit of tweaking, but wouldn't then be in a robust state.

You have tweaked my curiosity now, is definitely something worth looking into.

Cheers.

Have a good day.

Guest Alan Cullen

Yeah, and you have an aversion to a scrubbing brush. :P

Thanks, ASMI, I think we can put this one to rest now. o:)

There is no such thing as a LISP generator. End of story.