Need Help with thread !

wanniez

in some bottlecaps you see a thread broken down in smaller “lanes”. What is the best way to construct such a thing? I have tried to create small secment of helix and then use 'curve driven pattern' on reference helix to create a continuous thread pattern.

...However, that doesnt work and I run out of ideas, this project need to be hand in in couple days. please help!

Many many thanks

I haven't tried this, but off the top of my head, I'ld just do the thread as normal, then on the plane that's the top of the bottle, draw some squares and cut them out.

when you do a curve driven pattern in 3d you will select your helix as the path and there will be another box for face normal. You will need to select the face(cylinder) where you are placing your threads. I would draw one section of thread first. Say a helix that travels a small distance, make that one section of thread look how you want. create a helix for your path and try that.