wall cleanups in viewport 2010

leadlee

I am having problems that when a plan view of one level is shown in a sheet with a 3d view of two levels the wall will not clean up on both views. wall junctions disappear on the 3d view if the plan is reloaded and vice versa.

eg. first floor will clean up after reload but then first floor on 3d view shows wall external corners missing

i have tried deleting the view with both levels and re creating a new one but nothing will let both views have no errors

this never happened with 2009 as i have done many similar sheets of this format

Check your cut plane height?

or if you can post a picture of the problem, it might give us a better idea of how to go about solving it. I know that with 2010 they tweaked the wall cleanups again. that may have something to do with it.

Wow, this is a new one for me. Have you tried increasing the cleanup radius on the effected corners, or doing a wall merge?

in 2010 there are dedicated buttons on the ribbon when a wall is selected for cleanups I have tried everything

I am going to revert back to 2009 untill a fix is sorted so i can use multiple views of the same construct

the problem is now my current projects will not open in 2009 and if i save as 2007 dwg i loose my editing of the aec content

when i first got 2010 all projects saved in 2009 when opened showed a large amount of errors of walls, this too created a bit of a headache as i had to spend a lot of time trying to stop the views from showing wall errors

BEWARE of upgrading mid project unless you have time on your hands

The whole back wards compatibility throws people for a loop every 3 years when they do the file format change. I am still using 2009 because of this. next year we might move into 2010 or 2011 depending on what our office decides to do.

I cannot think of what is causing the error. You might be able to get a good answer over at augi.com in the AEC section of the forums. There are many more ACA guys on the forum with a very high amount of knowledge.

i have found out the cause of the error

the point at which the error occurs is when you add a gable wall to the construct

the error only shows up in the sheet when the same xref is on the sheet also

eg first and ground view with first floor view

I have left a post on autodesk site and they are looking into the problem

will keep everyone informed