Help with rendering,...

cvriv.charles

How can I render my model exactly how I see it int he modeling space?!?! I tried using the different default lighting styles and they just aren't working well. I tried making my own but I just havent come to the point of learning it. Im still trying to learn everything else.

I need to render what I see though. Please help. I used current lighting style but the shadows are way to opaque.

Well,... material and lighting right now. It seems like I have to set up all the lighting for like,... one shot. Where I have to take many shots. Whats good for one shot is bad for another. Most of the time everything is in the dark. In a shadow.

If I printscreen it will capture everything. Isnt there a key I can hit along with printscreen to only capture within a workarea or window or somthing?!?!?

I was playing around with the lights and just couldnt get it right. So frustrating.

LOL!!! Thats EXACTLY what I wanted!!! I can't believe it was right in front of my FAAAACE!!!

If you do decide to go back in and play with rendering take a careful look at your planes and how your part is oriented. You can change the location and direction of lights as well as your background. It's not a simple procedure and does take a bit of playing around with. I dont typically render anything in Inventor so I havent played around with it much.

Three parts:

Glass

Beverage

Foam

I used Copy Object to create an associative object in the beverage and foam files and drove a sculpt with a parameter and a work plane through studio. The zip i have for it is 1.5 MB so I can't post it, but if you really want it I can try and get it on my ftp.

Mark those are amazing. Great job. Even though I dont plan on doing a lot of rendering,.. I still think I will go and read what you posted there. Thanks:)

Three parts:

Glass

Beverage

Foam

I used Copy Object to create an associative object in the beverage and foam files and drove a sculpt with a parameter and a work plane through studio. The zip i have for it is 1.5 MB so I can't post it, but if you really want it I can try and get it on my ftp.

so was the glass shape equation driven for you to be able to do this? Was the animation produced by taking multiple stills? or was that copy object done as a macro of some sort? Dont worry about uploading i was just curious:)

I used Copy Object while active in a Part inside an Assembly and created an associative surface that updates with the other in case I change the shape of the glass. The Workplane was an offset one driven with a user parameter through a Studio Rendering (This workplane is instrumental in using the associative surface with the Sculpt command to create the unique solid volume of the liquid). You have to export the parameter in the Model for it to show up as an Animation favorite in the Studio level. The animation itself was set up very easily after that. I just used Animate Parameters with the User Parameter that controlled the workplane and it updated the Sculpt throughout the timeline automatically, no frame splicing needed. Took about 10-15 minutes to render.