Image I/O error

christo

Hi

I’m rendering a scene at 3400x2550 and once the render is finished when i try to save the file this “Image I/O error” window shows saying error writing jpeg file. i’ve tried other formats and the I/o error keeps poping up.

Can anyone help me please?

Sounds like a memory problem. What are your computer's spec's?

Try rendering at a lower resolution and see if you get the same error. If everything works ok at a lower res, then slowly bump up your res until you get the error again. Then you will know what your limit is.

thanks for the reply

my computer is a 3gb intel quad core 2.

it actually renders images at 3400x2550 but once rendered and i click to save the image it gives me another error - cannot write jpeg file. i've also tried other formats and its the same.

any ideas?

Did you try my previous suggestion?

In order to find a solution to this problem, you will need to do some troubleshooting. 3400x2550 is a very large image size. Please try rendering to a smaller output size and see if you still get the I/O error.

i have tried with smaller resolutions, works fine for resolutions i have tried between 1500 and 3000 depending on the scene in the drawing but i have been asked for 3500 - 4000 :(

someone suggested i use a splitrender script which i have downloaded but i dono how to use it!

This is it:

rollout SplitRender "Split Render Tool" width:250 height:100

(

radiobuttons splitcount "Pieces to split render in:" labels:#("1", "4", "9", "16") default:2

spinner width "Total width:" type:#integer range:[0,32000,3000]

spinner height "Total height:" type:#integer range:[0,32000,2400]

spinner overlap "Pixel overlap:" type:#integer

checkbutton show "Show image while rendering" checked:on

edittext filename "File name:" text:"my_filename"

edittext extension "File type:" text:".jpg"

button doRender "Do the render"

on doRender pressed do (

a = splitcount.state

b = splitcount.state * splitcount.state

-- actual render width and height

w = width.value / a

h = height.value / a

bm = bitmap w h

p = overlap.value - 1

for i=0 to b-1 do

(

row = i / a

col = i - floor(row) * a

render renderType:#blowup region:#((w/a)*col,(h/a)*row,w/a*(col+1)+p,(h/a)*(row+1)+p) outputwidth:w outputheight:h outputfile:(filename.text + row as string + col as string + extension.text) vfb:show.checked progressbar:(not show.checked) to:bm

)

unDisplay bm

)

)

-- create the rollout window and add the rollout

if splitRenderFloater != undefined do

(

closerolloutfloater splitRenderFloater

)

SplitRenderFloater = newRolloutFloater "Split Render Tool" 250 225

addRollout SplitRender SplitRenderFloater

Copy and paste that code into Notepad and save it to your Max directory in the "Scripts" folder with the file name splitrender.ms

Now open Max, go to the "MAXScript" menu pull down, select "Run Script" and then select the splitrender script.

I'm guessing it will open a dialog that will allow you to render your image out in sections that you will be able to stitch back together in an image editing program?