Solidworks Drawing Frames

NeedHelp

Hi, I generally use Inventor 2008 Pro, But i have just started to use Solidworks 2008. My question is; When using Inventor, I have created a template for my drawing frame. When i open the template, I have set prompted entrys so i fill out the info insert the views annotate and finish. Is there anyway i can create prompted entrys for a solidwirks drawing frame template?? Or is there anyway i can use my Inventor template in solidworks??

The SW borders are linked to file data. For instance it should automatically insert the file name, scale etc. If you have assigned material data this should also be inserted as well as weight. In your design tree, if your right click on Sheet Format you can edit it and you can probably link it to excel spreadsheets or similar. I am not sure about prompting you for info though.

What info would you need to add?

I need to ad Unique number and other relivant company attributes also, I would like to ad the company logo to the frame and standard tolerance block. So everytime i create a new drawing the frame has a standard format.

Well if you open one of the standard title blocks you can edit it and save it as another name in the same directory so its there for you. When editing the title block you right click on it in the model tree and Edit Sheet Format. From there you will notice the text. You can select the text and edit properties. If you select link to property there are lots of standard properties you can link this to. There are places in the drawings for part numbers and thing like that which you can link. At the top left of the screen shot you can see there is a blank box. You can insert your company logo there as well or any other place after deleting or modifying whats in the box. I have played around with this a little but because its not required of me I have not spent a lot of time messing with it but I am sure the Help documentation will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for that, as usual very helpful, I have another question for you regarding analysis in Inventor. You helped me a lot with stress analysis results over in the Inventor forum, should i start a new thread over in that forum or just continue in this one???

Yeah, anytime you have a question that doesnt pertain to the title I would start a new one. especially since this is a SW forum ;)