Annotation Scaling

wannabe

Can anyone recommend me a resource to get an in depth explanation of how annotation scaling works?

yes, I've had a faff, and watched the AutoCAD "movies", but I need to get a better handle on annotation scaling.

I also seem to think I could have blocks, text and hatches in an xref that can be set to a certain rotation in the target drawing? Would this be my imagination going crazy or a truth?

Cheers

From my limited work with annotative dims you set the size of the text that will be printed out on the drawing. This means that regardless of the scale the drawing is printed out at, the text and dims remain at a constant size on the printed sheet.

From my limited work with annotative dims you set the size of the text that will be printed out on the drawing. This means that regardless of the scale the drawing is printed out at, the text and dims remain at a constant size on the printed sheet.

It's a slightly more intricate affair than that. You have the scale of the viewport and the annotation scale and an entities annotation scale?

While it seems convoluted, I do understand the concept has its benefits and I'm hoping to become and "Annotation Scaling Guru":D.