OMEGA-ThundeR

google maps/live maps as xref/underlay.

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

Is there an plugin of some sort which makes it possible to project ur drawing (when drawn and placed on world coördinates) on any of these satelites maps?

You can make ur own image and place it as an xref, but maybe you can load google maps under the drawing directly.

I hope the question is clear.

There seem to be program's to get ur autocad drawing to google earth (but i think thats for the 3d buildings and such), but i want it the other way arround.

chulse

in Civil3D, _ImportGEImage will do it.

I doubt you have that in vanilla

OMEGA-ThundeR

that just printscreens an image from google earth (that must run in background?? i allready had it open when i entered the command).

thats not what i want (i can do that allready, although a bit different).

Zorg
Hi,

Is there an plugin of some sort which makes it possible to project ur drawing (when drawn and placed on world coördinates) on any of these satelites maps?

You can make ur own image and place it as an xref, but maybe you can load google maps under the drawing directly.

I hope the question is clear.

There seem to be program's to get ur autocad drawing to google earth (but i think thats for the 3d buildings and such), but i want it the other way arround.

Not that i can see and i've trolled the net inside out for it, but its an intresting idea. Could always put it on AutoDesk wishlist maybe :wink:

chulse
that just printscreens an image from google earth (that must run in background?? i allready had it open when i entered the command).

thats not what i want (i can do that allready, although a bit different).

If your DWG has an assigned projection, it will reference correctly.

With Civil and Map there are other options to bring in georeferneced imagery and other data but again, I don't thing those options exist in vanilla...