Backing up my settings.

CADDict

Can anyone help me out?

I am running an auto-backup program on my laptop that only backs up to my NAS drive as long as I'm connected to my network. The problem with that is that it's a laptop and obviously doesn't stay on continuously like my desktops do. That being said, I'm having to pick out the bare minimum of stuff to back up.

For instance, on the desktops I just back up the entire User folder because it can just sit there and back up all day long and take however much time it needs. On the laptop though, I'm forced to get picky.

Does anyone know how I can just back up my settings? I just need my customizations, toolbars, and plot styles and that's pretty much it.

Export your acad profile to a location that you can backup.

You will need to do this each time you change a setting save the new profile to the exported file and it will update. Then back up that file.

Does workspaces do the samething?

I'm not sure about that.

If you hover the pointer over the command line and right click you can go to options from that menu. From the profiles tab/window you can export your profile this also saves your workspace data IIRC.

I'm not sure about that.

If you hover the pointer over the command line and right click you can go to options from that menu. From the profiles tab/window you can export your profile this also saves your workspace data IIRC.

Well I use the workspace, and then migrate them to each AutoCAD.

Export your acad profile to a location that you can backup.

You will need to do this each time you change a setting save the new profile to the exported file and it will update. Then back up that file.

Thanks! After all these years, I never knew I could do that. Never used multiple profiles before, so I've never had the need to play around in the Profiles tab. Learn something new every day!

I exported it to my Documents folder which is one of the ones I have set to auto-backup.

Thanks again!