Auto Numbering?

AQucsaiJr

I don't get it? So AutoNum v3 has been updated?

Yes. There were a few formatting issues with certain functions, and I have made a few improvements to the coding following suggestions made. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• AQucsaiJr

• fuqua

• tony barretto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geese... Going above and beyond with this AutoNum command file... I thought the first version you created was perfect for what I was asking for... You just won't quit making it better and better... What did I start... lol :)

Thanks for the perfections and improvments!

Geese... Going above and beyond with this AutoNum command file... I thought the first version you created was perfect for what I was asking for... You just won't quit making it better and better... What did I start... lol :)

Thanks for the perfections and improvments!

Well, if there is a bug that is found, it has to be sorted - and of course any suggestions that I like are incorporated :)

With the excellent help of CAB over at theSwamp.org, AutoNum and NumInc have been combined into one program to offer an alternative.

Try it here.

Lee

:shock:

but i have a suggestion if u dont mind.

With the excellent help of CAB over at theSwamp.org, AutoNum and NumInc have been combined into one program to offer an alternative.

Try it here.

Lee

Lee,

I have not tried the new version as of yet, But when I went to the thread you had two versions listed v3 & v4. I assume the new version is v4 or is there another reason you have the two versions still listed.

The Buzzard

Lee,

Tested AutoNum versions 3 & 4 and it did not work like your NumInc.lsp where you could select an attribute.

So I saw that you had a version 7 for the NumInc and I gave it a try. It gave me this error when replacing an attribute.

Command:
Command:
Command: _appload NumInc V7.lsp successfully loaded.
Command:
Number Increment Loaded, type "NumInc" to invoke...
Copyright © April 2009, Lee McDonnell.
Command:
Command: NUMINC
<<Exit>> [C]urve Aligned, [space] = Rotate ACW, [Tab] = Rotate 90 [T]oggle Count
[shift] + [space] = Rotate CW, [shift] + [Tab] = Mirror Rotation, [R]eplace
Select Text, MText or Attribute << Hit Enter to Exit >>: Regenerating model.
Command:
Error: Automation Error. Object was erased
Command:

The last version no. 5 worked great with regard to replacing the attributes. Did not get this error.

Thought you should know about it.

See if this works for attributes.

There was a bug in there. :)

Excellent CAB!

Thats the ticket. Now the program is very versatile. I need to get a handle on the latest versions. So many to try out, It gets confusing.

Thanks,

The Buzzard

Lee,

I have not tried the new version as of yet, But when I went to the thread you had two versions listed v3 & v4. I assume the new version is v4 or is there another reason you have the two versions still listed.

The Buzzard

Yes, I kept the two different versions in the Archive, as V4 was re-written by CAB to incorporate NumInc and AutoNum. Whereas V3 keeps AutoNum separate.

See if this works for attributes.

There was a bug in there. :)

Yes, to do with the visibility of the Text I think - I put it invisible when created, so that the user did not see it flash at the origin when created.

Should I replace my old v4.lsp for this new v4.lsp?

Yes, I shall update the Archive with this new fix.

That makes more since... I thought it was an additional LISP when I seen the name change... Thanks!

That makes more since... I thought it was an additional LISP when I seen the name change... Thanks!

I have made it clearer in the archive now - to prevent more confusion... :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

When using the "Pick Each Insert" option, is there a way to have it place on an osnap? I am having no luck doing this. I can place the text fine, however I would like to be able to place it on like an end point of a line. Maybe I am missing something?