swtiching between model/paper

RyanAtNelco

hello,

i have a serious issue switching between model and paper space. it is taking at the very least 30 seconds. i found what appears to be a solution regarding font smoothing on google, but this seems to only apply to autocad 2006 and i am using 2009. the link is: http://www.m3rlin.org/wordpress/extremely-slow-layout-switching-in-autocad/

does anyone know how this would apply to 2009? i do not see any check box in options for what he is talking about and this is the only time i have seen the problem i am having described so closely.

The setting is in your Windows operating system. Right click on the desktop in a blank area, pick the appearance tab, Effects button, see choices there.

Do you see the slow down on all drawings or just one in particular? How large is the file, do you have any 3D work with visual styles assigned, what type of fonts are you using?