Can't put the roof on the house

mrsdrafter

For some reason when it comes to the roof I can't do them. I've been out of school for four years now but I love drafting and Autocad so I try to stay in touch and do some drafting for fun. I've been designing my house and can't put a roof on. Currently I'm using AutoCAD 2010 trial version. Can anybody please help me?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

hhsample.zip

ohh boy, you are asking quite a question. I will take a look at your file when I get home this eve. Roofs in Autocad Architecture can be very complex, and really take a good knowledge inside and out of how the roof command, and the roof slab command work. Let me take a look when I get home, should be in about 5 hours if you have time to wait.

Thank you so much!

Are there any tutorials on Architecture 3d rendering and modeling? Step by step because I really want to learn this.

Thank you so much!

Are there any tutorials on Architecture 3d rendering and modeling? Step by step because I really want to learn this.

best bet for the modeling and rendering, is to just hang out in the 3d forum, and the showcase forum. Learning to render is like learning to paint in a way. I cannot see anything in your file, but your title sheets in the paper space tabs. What version of ACA did you use?

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and will not be back until late on Friday afternoon. If you want to learn ACA, I am more than willing to help you out through the forum, the learning curve is steep, but well worth it in the end. I would highly recommend Mastering Autocad Architecture 200* *= the version you are using it is a great resource to learn the program.