Saving Document properties.

exo600

Is it possible to save the document properties?, mainly the units being used. Everytime I start a new part I have to set the units to my prefrence. Its not a big deal but kind of annoying.

yes. Easier than me stepping you through it, go to your help menu and look up Document Templates. Basically you will start a new Part file(or assembly or drawing). change your document properties in tools>options. then you will save as and change the file type to Part Templates(for part). This will be saved with your standard part template(or you can overwrite it if you wish). then when you go to create a new document you will click on the advanced tab at the bottom and you will be able to see these templates.

as a note, more options can be changed. Be sure to name your template something like Part_inch so there is a way to distinguish it.

edit. this is also a good way to create a drawing template with a custom title block. I have one thats 8.5x11 thats set to Inch units.

no problem. If you get stuck let me know. The help file walks you through it pretty well. For the longest time I went into tools>options and change it each time like you and it got old:)

one thing i forgot to mention that isnt stated plainly is your assembly document options. If you are creating an Assembly template you need to go into your tools>options. On the system options tab click on Default Templates and select your new part and drawing templates with Inch as the units. If you dont do this it will reference the metric ones from your inch assembly file. That can get annoying if you dont catch it until you are in a sketch.