Blocks and Leaders/Multileaders

ibnut

I'm trying to create a block with a tag (2nd block attached to a leader/multileader) so that whenever I move my block, the tag moves along with it:

blockxd5.jpg

But the problem I'm running into is that if I need to rotate my block, the tag rotates as well. Is there any way to create a some sort of tag for my block that will move with the block, but not rotate? I'm open to any sort of workaround. Thanks for any advice.

as you are using 2008 I would suggest you look at dynamic blocks. You can give a rotation element to either the block or the tag (or both) so that you can achieve the alignment you desire.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried playing around with different parameter combinations for both the block and the tag, but with no success.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or using the wrong combinations of parameters/actions.

What I had hoped to do was create a object (orangish box in my image above) with some sort of tag for it. It'd like for the head end of the arrow to stay fixed to the a certain point on the object so that if I move/rotate the object, the arrow will follow. I'd like for the tail end of the arrow to stay fixed to the perimeter of the tag (the oval bubble with text) and for the tag to be movable independent of the object.

The scenario I'd like to create is that I bring in the block into one of my drawings, move/rotate the object to my desired location, grab the oval bubble of my tag and adjust it so it's visible, and have the arrow pointing at the object and ending at the bubble.

I'm not exactly sure if this is even possible, but any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• 10 months later...

Try this. I created a block and made the insertion point the middle of one of the sides. Then you can use the multileaders and have your block attached to the landing of the leader. When you go to move the block around, the leader stays attached to the side of the block. Hope this helps.

Drawing3.dwg