Positioning of Annotative Text Between Scales

Is there a way to position annotative text respective to each scale illustrated in a layout?

Let's say that I have text that I would like to show in a plan view at 1/8" scale and also in a detail at 1-1/2" scale. When I position my annotative text so that it displays properly at 1/8" and then view the 1-1/2" detail, the location is kicked off to the side. If I adjust the location for the 1-1/2" scale then I have the same challenge in reverse.

-Anthony

• 3 months later...

Hi,

what you have to do is to use the yellow grip that any annotative text has. If you click on that yellow grip and move the text, you will only be moving the text at the active annotative scale, the texts at other scales will remain in position.

Is the yellow grip you speak of a 2009 thing? Or did you change your grip color because in 2008 I only get a blue grips for annotative text.

mmmm,

I am using AutoCAD architecture 2009, so I am not sure if it is a feature of that version, but I know for certain that you could do the same in AutoCAD Architecture 2008.

Try to change the annotative scale of the drawing a couple of times, that should make that appear if I am not wrong. But default, when you select an annotative object you only see the scale that is active, if you change the annotative scale of the drawing, when you select it you should be able to see the yelow grip and the different scales faded.