3D Bathymetry using sounding data

clark

Hi For everyone..

I am using AutoCAD2009 Version.

I have a sounding data of shallow ocean near the land.(Pls see the attachment).

X, Y coordinates of dreawing correspond to East and North coordinates. Depths are indicated by given number labels of drawing.(Assuming location =Decimal point of each number).

It is highly appreciated if anyone can send me the procedure of drawing 3D bathymetry figure of this?

Regards,

Clark

Bathy.dwg

From the look of that data it was generated via some automated process. The data’s format also leads me to believe the author of that automation took extra steps to ensure a captive customer base. Each sounding elevation broken into 3 “text” entities will make any new routine to plot the points about three times more complicated.

Does the data exist in any other format? Excel file, .TXT, or .CVS file perhaps?

Thanks for the quick response.

I am sorry , I don't have data in any other format.

Is there any method to extract x,y,z data from this drawing.

(Assuming 'decimal point' as location of depth.

A custom routine to reconstruct the point locations with “depth” data is possible, but not likely already in existence (at least not in the public domain). And, as mentioned previously, the code would have to contend with a less than ideal format.

Probably not a task someone would do for the mere fun of it, though, you never know, this forum does have some rather gracious coders.