Merge Existing & Proposed Surface together?

spittle

How can I do this? So that I have a single surface that I can link road corridoor to. I want to keep things as free and editable as possible so if I can avoid merging existing and proposed points together then that would be great.

Can this be done with grading? I haven't got time at the moment to experiment - I will though if I know it can be done.

Easiest thing is typically to make a new empty surface. Paste your EG surface into the new surface, then paste your FG surface on top.

This typically doesn't quite give what we want, because we typically would like to control the "rounding" of the contours when we paste. There are some ways to sort-of do this (e.g. rounding parameters in the daylight subassemblies), but they don't really work very well. But if you aren't too picky about how the contours look, simply pasting the surfaces together generally works. And if all you are trying to create at this point is a single surface that you can target for more design, then pasting should get you what you want.

As above sometimes you need to clip the design surface as it will overwrite the existing rather than blending. You really need your design surface to be within a known area We had a problem with design overwriting existing as design extrapolated answers further out.

Thanks for the replies - I wasn't aware that you could copy/paste surfaces into each other. I will try that. Thanks again

Though slightly on a tangent what would be the best way to create a surface from an existing Surface, Proposed Site surface and a Corridoor surface when my corridoor runs from the existing surface into the site. Need to bear in mind -

When the road enters the site it will grade into the existing site for the first few meters but then the GL (concrete) will be flush with the edge of the top of the kerb.

I'm wondering should I:

Paste Existing/Propose site into new surface and then run corridor (with road assy and cut & fill sub assy) into site ensuring that the road levels are flush with the site levels (so it won't grade - providing I've made it perfect).

Or should I create a new corridoor assembly without cut and fill sub assembly just for the road section that needs to be flush with the proposed site?

Or any other suggestions?