"Failed to Create Folder"

BillB

Hello again,

Have been trying to design a shaft using the Design Accelerator in Inventor 2009, have done one previously and it worked fine. Now when I go to save this new shaft in a different job I get the this warning "Failed to create folder". Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Sure appreciate your time

Thanks

BillB

weird one, i normally get this when your over saving on something thats default or similair or you're editing something that dosent want to be changed lol, where exactly are you trying to save the new shaft, different drive etc?

also do you use the Content Center?

Hey Ritch7,,,

Saving to the Job folder that is under my Project Folder that is active for these particular jobs,,, on my computer,, nothing to spectacular. Not sure what you mean by using the Content Center,,, I use it for fasteners and so forth at the moment but not sure what you mean for designing shafts?

Thanks again

BillB

Does anyone know how to get the original default Inventor shaft to insert or appear when you do start a new shaft design in Design Accelerator? The shaft that inserts now is one that I had a problem with in a previous job, this may be the problem, not sure.

BillB

Well there are a couple things you need to know about Shaft Generator.

1. When used it creates a folder in your workspace for that Design Accelerator

2. You can create Shaft Templates to start from right in the Shaft Generator dialog box. (Expand the chevrons on the lower right of the dialog box 2009+)

3. Shaft Generator does use Content Center for cir clips, retaining rings, etc

Resolutions:

You are probably not managing your data correctly. For instance if you are a standalone user you should not have more than one Project File (ipj). If you are in a design group then you should be using Vault to take care of your designs and their iterations. Further resolutions can be explained if I took a closer look at your data structure and your setup.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info,,, here's how I have folders set up.

1. \jobs_2009\Inventor projects_2009

then under the above folder I have Inventor Projects_2009.ipj , OldVersions and Library

then I I have my individual customer folders Ex: 09-199_X-CELL COMPOSITES_SCRIM APPLICATOR,,,, does this make since? I do work as stand alone.

Would like to be able to use the Inventor default shaft profile when I start a new shaft in Accelerator.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BillB