Layer Control - screen update.

Helge

When I turn layers on or off, the screen stays the same until I perform a Quick Save. A View>Regen isn't enough.

Even though it is prudent to save ones drawing regularly, this is a little too much and quite annoying.

(System: AutoCad Mechanical 2008, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GHz. - 2 MB RAM, Windows XP 2002,SP3 - nVidia Quadro FX 570, Driver: 6.14.0011.7805, - Application driver: wopeng 19.hdi.)

Anny help, please ...

When I turn layers on or off, the screen stays the same until I perform a Quick Save. A View>Regen isn't enough.

Even though it is prudent to save ones drawing regularly, this is a little too much and quite annoying.

(System: AutoCad Mechanical 2008, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GHz. - 2 MB RAM, Windows XP 2002,SP3 - nVidia Quadro FX 570, Driver: 6.14.0011.7805, - Application driver: wopeng 19.hdi.)

Anny help, please ...

does this happen all the time or is it just with the one drawing?

That is strange, i would do a regenall (REA) and try an audit on your file, if its been passed around and other people have worked on it, it cna oftenly pick up errors which an audit will 9/10 fix.

Dear friends. Thanks for your interest.

The problem occours "only" when the drawing gets past the initial stage, but still consist of just single components wihtout x-refs or big assemblies. File size of 1.800 KB, and it starts even much earlier.

RegenAll does as little good as Regen, and the file has never been out of my PC.

I wouldn't think that the grafic RAM of 256MB should be insufficient