Zoom All, What's It For?

gsksun4

I haven't figured out what zoom all is for. Doesn't seem to make sense to me. What would be the proper usage for this zoom?

"does what says on the tin" !!

Get a drawing on screen - zoom in to view a tiny selection - now hit zoom all.

:o

Is that any help?

If all else fails look up the 'help' file.

Rob

"does what says on the tin" !!

Get a drawing on screen - zoom in to view a tiny selection - now hit zoom all.

:o

Is that any help?

If all else fails look up the 'help' file.

Rob

The help file explains it. "All" includes the grid an limits.

Thanks.

Good point Glen,

I've been using A'cad for donkeys years and never stopped to think about it. I'm so used to having old versions of commands cropping up in each new release I just use whatever works on the day!

Rob

I haven't figured out what zoom all is for. Doesn't seem to make sense to me. What would be the proper usage for this zoom?

With limits set and an object drawn smaller than limits-

Zoom all will zoom to the limits boundary, zoom extents will zoom to just show the object.

If objects are outside limits zoom all and zoom extents will act the same.

Zoom all with limits was used in the early days to keep from causing a regen because the computers were so slow.

With limits set and an object drawn smaller than limits-

Zoom all will zoom to the limits boundary, zoom extents will zoom to just show the object.

If objects are outside limits zoom all and zoom extents will act the same.

Zoom all with limits was used in the early days to keep from causing a regen because the computers were so slow.

Perfect explanation rkent.

AutoCAD 2010 Professional Certification - If you don't mind me asking, How do you get professionally certified in autocad??

Thanks for the info, JD... Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If my 25 years of experience doesn't override someone taking a test to be certified, then I guess I won't get the job.

Thanks for the info, JD... Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. If my 25 years of experience doesn't override someone taking a test to be certified, then I guess I won't get the job.

After taking the test I pretty much have the same impression as you. It shouldn't be a Professional level certification because in my opinion the test covers AutoCAD at the intermediate level. Regardless of how I feel about it, it is the employer that matters, and some employers care about this. I have 20+ years of experience with AutoCAD and the Professional Certification