Would unistalling ACAD 2006 also affect my ACAD 2009??

MikeP

I have 2006 and 2009 on one machine. I need to do a reinstall for 2006. I want to completely uninstall it and reinstall it. But Im worried that doing so may remove shared files that 2009 uses.

Will I be ok??

a question for you all sort of on the same line.

If i try to open a drawing file in an email, my computer automatically uses 2006 instead of 2009 to open the file. This is becoming increasingly annoying as most drawings that come in are 2007 or later.:cry: how do i change which program has priority for opening files?

Cheers in advance:)

Dave

Dave:

Welcome to the CADTutor forum.

While this thread is about uninstalling a version of AutoCAD and your question deals with associating a particular version of AutoCAD with the DWG file type I'll try to help.

In Explorer click on Tools > Folder Options then on the File Types tab. Highlight the DWG file type then look below where it says Details for 'DWG' extension. Click on the Change button to the right. Your choices should be near the top of the list. If the version of AutoCAD that you want to use is not shown use the Browse button to find and change it.

hello, and thank you for the help,and especially thanks for the welcome. Ive just done what youcve instructed and it seems to have worked.Many Thanks

Dave