Text Formating Dialogue Box Position

Hi,

can anyone tell me why, when I double click on text, the dialogue box opens in the middle of the text I am editing, I'm using autocad 2010 LT.

This has just recently started happening and is intermittent.

If anyone can help me I would be very gratefull, its driving me absolutelly nuts!!

Is there a setting which dictates where the box appears?

Many Thanks

Ged.

(Newcastle UK)

The problem was caused through another software application, I have 2 monitors and use ATI Hydravision to manage them. took off hydravision and all ok now.

Anyone with a simmilar problem should first try dissabling the 2nd monitor and see if it rectifys the problem.

Ged.

The problem was caused through another software application, I have 2 monitors and use ATI Hydravision to manage them. took off hydravision and all ok now.

Anyone with a simmilar problem should first try dissabling the 2nd monitor and see if it rectifys the problem.

Ged.

Ged, I've seen numerous dual monitor setups. Not one operator has ever mentioned the text box problem you wrote about.

I'm goin' to ask around, seems a little strange? :?

I did contact Autocad support services, it was their suggestion after I emailed them a screen shot of the problem.

They also suggested other methods which I had limited success with, see below,

To change between editing methods you to need to change the MTEXTED variable.

• For in place editing, set MTEXTED to INTERNAL.
  • For dialog box editing, set MTEXTED to OLDEDITOR

hope this helps someone in the future,

Ged.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem in that when I double click the text in order to edit it, the formatting menu bar opens at the bottom of the screen (this CAN be moved by dragging it) but the actual editing box with the text in it is below it, and therefore off screen so I cant see it. Its happened once before but I dont remember how it was resolved. Help please.

Steve

Hi Steve,

the root of my problem was onother software application. I have 2 monitors and was experimenting with Hydravision. I took it off and all went back to normal. I was given a couple of tests by Autocad support to try and pinpoint the problem. see below;

There isn't a specific setting that controls this, the editor toolbar should always display above the text that is being edited.

As I am not sure of the cause of this problem there are two tests I'd like you to try:

• Have another user log onto your machine and test LT. If they are prompted to migrate any setting have them cancel the migration and start LT.
  • Disable the second monitor so that Windows only sees you main screen.

hope this helps

Ged.

Hey Ged,

Im the only user, and there is only one screen. (Maybe I should have started another thread rather than tacking it on the end of this one).

The editor toolbar does indeed sit above the text to be edited, thats the problem, the toolbar is right on the bottom of the screen, and although the toolbar can be dragged up, the text editing box is still off screen.

Steve

Actually after more investigating, its only happening when I try to open a program called Slingshot, to edit drawings.

Opening autocad, the text ed box opens in screen as normal.