Support File Search Paths Disappear

pektas

The problem I am running into is on our network here at work we have a font file which i have never had a problem mapping to in the past. I would go into the support file search path and map to it and the fonts would show up how they are supposed to. Now when i go into to do it i can map it and it works fine but as soon as i close that drawing the path disappears, yet the font still shows up fine. Then after i close autocad im back to square one the path is gone and the fonts show up wrong.

I am using autocad 2009 and have never had a problem with this until recently. They changed out networks around a bit so im thinking that probably is part of the problem. Any help woudl be greatly appreciated so that i dont have to map this everytime i need to print drawings out.

Edit:Also, I cannot add any paths to the working support file search path list

Thanks

I fixed the problem, if anyone else has this problem all i did was move the newly mapped path to the top of the list and it stayed after closing autocad and everything

Do you have a lot of paths defined? And do you have long path names? There is a limit to the number of characters AutoCAD will allow in the path statement before getting real flaky. There is a way to quickly count the number you have, unfortunately I committed it to memory instead of writing it down so it is lost. Someone here will probably know that method.