PractiCAD anyone ever use this Product?

GolfBum

• 5 months later...

We are also considering this product. As a sheet metal contractor it seems to be right up our alley. We have been using Eastcoast since it was Quickpen back in 1989. But Eastcoast is not working out for us anymore.

• 3 months later...

Yes, and it has improved our drawing time by 50% with the automatics. I would however, as a sheet metal contractor, ask them to show you how well the CAM software works (if you plan to download to your tables) I have heard there are issues. We bought 10 seats and for what it does Vs the cost per seat it was the best option we could afford. Personally, I like cad duct better but the pricing was just high.

Regards,

Rob W

Yes, and it has improved our drawing time by 50% with the automatics. I would however, as a sheet metal contractor, ask them to show you how well the CAM software works (if you plan to download to your tables) I have heard there are issues. We bought 10 seats and for what it does Vs the cost per seat it was the best option we could afford. Personally, I like cad duct better but the pricing was just high.

Regards,

Rob W

Thanks Rob. We are just getting started. So far the CAM portion has worked alright. But since we still have not done a full drawing only time will tell.

The CAD portion seems like it will just take time drawing to figure out how to get to our "standard" way of drawing.

I'd like to hear about other that have purchased the program and see how there drawings are turning out.

• 2 months later...

i use practi cad and would not suggest it. the web site claims "complete flexibility, optimized workflows, absolutely unlimited choices, and uncompromised quality." i beg to differ. i've found it to be unstable and not user friendly (for hvac use anyway). TSI has it all over this program hands down. TSI is more expensive but worth not having the headaches and days of unproductiveness due to the "bugs" in other cheaper programs. my opinion: don't waste your money on this program.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Tree, I am a PractiCAD instructor and find it strange you would have such problems. If you are ever interested I offer free training on this software system in the evenings from 6-8 Eastern....feel free to contact me with any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

To Mastercad1:

What are the pros and cons between cad duct and practicad? I reviewed cad duct several years ago and it seemed as though it was full of holes and extra steps to accomplish the same thing that my current software was already doing (InteliCAD). I am considering practicad but want feed back from everyone. How is the tech support? Is it fast and easy? How is the download to reports process? Everyone join in and help me make a somewhat educated decision.

• 2 years later...

I work in large sheetmetal outfit in NYC, 30 draftman and we have been using Practicad forabout 1 1/2 years. We do the full download. It seems to be a good program but took quite a bit of time to get all set up right. Every draftman has to be spot on with all aspects of downloaded material.

• 4 years later...

I am practicad user and I'm having trouble in AutoCad MEP2017 keeping my duct connected when making moves. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

_Anthony: If your question is in regards to an AutoDesk vertical product it doesn't make any sense posting your question in a thread about PractiCAD. You should have started a new thread in the proper forum.