PROPERTIES pane disappearing?

Tallguy

Hi, I'm using Map3D 2008 and messing about with connected .SHP data.

Most times I select a DISPLAY MANAGER layer to STYLE, the PROPERTIES pane disappears :shock:

I type in PROPERTIES to get it back, it always reappears in the right place :?

Anybody got any ideas why this should happen? It's a very minor annoyance :roll:

Background:

I'm using MAPIMPORT to bring in .SHP point data (aircraft radar blips) and convert it to AutoCAD entities. These entities have OBJECT DATA attributes which match the .SHP data fields, as this is how they were created during the import.

I'm then manipulating the points and using MAPEXPORT to send it back to .SHP files.

I randomly check a few points to ensure the OBJECT DATA matches the DISPLAY MANAGER DATA TABLE for the equivalent point.

Then I DISPLAY MANAGER STYLE the .SHP file to match our specific colour palette, and DISPLAY MANAGER SAVE LAYER so the STYLE and DATA CONNECTION is stored.

The reason for the post is that I want to check the PROPERTIES PANE OBJECT DATA attributes against the DISPLAY MANAGER DATA TABLE, which means I need to have PROPERTIES displayed at the same time as the DATA TABLE. This is usually fine, but as I wrote, when I EDIT STYLE for the DISPLAY MANAGER layer the first time per layer, the PROPERTIES pane just vanishes.

Any thoughts welcome... or am I just an idiot?!:oops:

• 5 months later...
Soo...what was the solution?

There isn't one. I'm just an idiot generally, that's all.

The PROPERTIES pane still disappears when I'm working with DISPLAY MANAGER STYLES, I'm just living with it and entering PR when I need it back.

I've just posted a question about SHP files, maybe you can help?

:)