Copy with base point

bcarp

I am working with some drawings sent to me that have been converted down to Version 2k. Foe some reason these drawings wont allow me to copy to my clip board so I can paste into another drawing. Additionally sometimes after tryaing the copy with base point command when I save before going out and error message comes up that says "unpredictable error - access violation line 820.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Sounds like you have AEC objects from a newer version still in your drawing.

Get whoever sent it to you to use AECexporttoAutoCAD to remove and save to your version.

Or, save to dxf, R12. Then dxfin to a clean drawing.

I'm not sure but I have heard about some errors when saving down to version 2000, so you might want to check that out too.

Check if this helps you

try a WBLOCK of the objects you want to copy then INSERT the block into the relevant drawing.. this is not the solution, but a quick-fix if you need to progress on with other things..

Guest Alan Cullen

All I know is the bug is in 2007, and the hotfix applies to that 2007.

So, basically, the person using 2007 has to apply the hotfix to his 2007, not the person recieving a file from that person.

And lets face it, so many people are still using 2007 and are unaware of the problem, because it does not affect them.

try a WBLOCK of the objects you want to copy then INSERT the block into the relevant drawing.. this is not the solution, but a quick-fix if you need to progress on with other things..

I have found this to work... sometimes copy and paste does me wrong, so that's how I get around it.

As I have stated before, use DWGTrueView from Autodesk or DWGGateway from Solidworks to open newer versions in the older versions and do not ask anyone to back save for you. The Hotfix needs to be installed on the 2007 version.

• 1 year later...