64 bit to 32 bit ?

TonyD

Hello all,

I need to know if I can some how save a .dwg file that was created on a 64 bit system so a 32 bit system can recognize it.

I'm in school and would like to do do my homework at home. The problem is I have a 64 bit system at home and the school has 32 bit systems. Both the instructor and IT guy say it can't be done. What is your experience?

If I could some how do this it would save me a 1 hour round trip to school a week.

Yes it will work. I work with 64bit and all my co-workers use 32bit. We share all the DWG files on our network seamlessly.

Is there a trick to it? I find it hard to believe my instructors and IT guys can't get it to work.

Is there a trick to it? I find it hard to believe my instructors and IT guys can't get it to work.

64bit might not be the problem. Might be a version issue.

64bit might not be the problem. Might be a version issue.

We had this same problem in the 16 versus 32 bit systems. Our solution was to erase the older file via name, then SAVE or SAVE-AS and exit immediately. Used same exact software, and got two different results, and often if we did not Erase the old one, then got an error message stating an older version existed, and cannot overwrite. By doing this it was easily was then picked up on any office system. We easily could go from 16 to 32 easily, but not backwards, like from 32 to 16, same software or not.

Has something to do with how the hard drive is formatted back when, so cannot be altered.

Wm.