Where did the design menu go!

kkleinchester

I loaded ADT2010 today been switching back and forth between 2010 and 2009 and noticed that my design menu tab is gone in 2010. I loaded autocad classic a long time ago so it has nothing to do with that, I have found the toolpalettes with them just not my nice little tab that muscle memory needs. Any help is appreicated.

I do not have 2010 currently loaded on this PC, I do at home so I will double check... I have attached a picture that I have previously loaded.

AutoCAD 2010 has a differant UI (user interface than 2009). That could be why you are missing the design menu tab.

ACAD%202010.jpg

Yeap, a couple months ago I got past the ribbons and loaded acad.cui which gives you your main menubar. But this is the first time that I am designing a 3d model in 2010 and hate the fact that they have change it.

Yeap, a couple months ago I got past the ribbons and loaded acad.cui which gives you your main menubar. But this is the first time that I am designing a 3d model in 2010 and hate the fact that they have change it.

Well most people don't like the ribbon. That is why I still use ACAD 2008 Architecture.

I figured away around it. I loaded through menuload my 2009 aca-design.cui and it seemed to work perfectly. I guess they didn't change commands enough just the menus.:shock:

I figured away around it. I loaded through menuload my 2009 aca-design.cui and it seemed to work perfectly. I guess they didn't change commands enough just the menus.:shock:

How did you load it into ACAD 2010?

menulaod- browse to 2009, support, enu- change the file type displayed and hit ok. apparently there is not much of a difference in the menu styles between 2009 and 2010. THey just forced the ribbon issue. Atleast there is a fix for that.

I thought you could go up to the QAT, use the down-arrow and load the menu bars from there. Is that right?

He is talking about the design tabs, not the QAT...