Viewport problem

SPARKY77

Viewport problem. I have set up the layout to A0 with the template, added the viewport with a scale of 1:5. Now when i enter the viewport to postion the drawing in the right place the viewport rescale to drawing, CAN anyone tell me how to stop this as it is slowly driving me mad?

I don't think I am making my self clear. I created a viewport which alermativally gave a scale of 0.151632. I wanted it to a scale of 1:5. Know the drawing needs to be moved with in the viewport, so i open the viewport so I can pan the drawing into the right position but as soon as i open the viewport the drawing reverts back to the scale of 0.151632. and does not stay at the scale of 1:5.

I don't know why this happens with these drawings.

And you're sure it is locked? At the moment I'm stumped. Will have to find a suitable drawing and test it out. Maybe I can reproduce what you are experiencing.

What did you mean "Open the Viewport"? did you maximize it?(the one with the red boarder on full screen). coz its not the way to place a scale and center a viewport.

Click inside the viewport (not on the viewport boundary line), then PAN to center(as ReMark has stated). now, whilst inside the viewport, under the Viewports toolbar, set the preferred 1:5 scale.

What did you mean "Open the Viewport"? did you maximize it?(the one with the red boarder on full screen). coz its not the way to place a scale and center a viewport.

Click inside the viewport (not on the viewport boundary line), then PAN to center(as ReMark has stated). now, whilst inside the viewport, under the Viewports toolbar, set the preferred 1:5 scale.

I have done all that but this is the problem when I click in side the viewport it rescale the drawing

could have also went into the vp pan to where you want it then "z" 1/5xp (or vice versa, zoom then pan) lock the window after you get out of it. but cad64 seemed to fix the problem.

Surely the easiest way to centre the viewport is to double ckick the viewport and choose the midpoint button and scale it from there?

Viewport.JPG