COSMOSworks and mates

karimmec

no. welding an assembly in the real world gives different results than a bolted assembly.

having said that. Cosmos Works(not xpress) i believe supports multibody parts so you should be able to analyze a weldment as it will be comprised of multi body parts. I dont have works(only xpress) so I cant tell you if it works or not.

Are you trying to analyze an assembly or are you just trying to get one component of the assembly? I dont have simulationWorks so I can only analyze individual parts so I dont know how it will work for you.

What i do when i analyze single parts is use the split line feature(located on the features tab under Curves heading). This lets me "split" the face of a part with a circle that i sketch. This simulates the face of a washer.

Picking your restraints and loads is something you need to know about your part and its application. Without knowing how the part is made/restrained in real life, these results will tell you nothing.

Can you give me a little more insight or maybe a screen shot of what you are working with.

Simulation.jpg

i dont have cosmos works so i dont know how you need to restrain an assembly but im going to guess the mates wont do it. I would guess when you are makin restraints you need to do as i showed above with the screen shot. You will need to select the inside of the holes. This will be a pin restraint.

In your screen shot, are you point loading the edges?