Wblock operation rejected due to a proxy object that does not allow copying

The Courage Dog

hi, i'm trying to make WBLOCK but it is not working, it says:

Wblock operation rejected due to a proxy object that does not allow copying. Anybody can help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

no idea what kind of proxy object it is. The drawing is a bound drawing that contain many plans, i want to wblock each plan one by one in preparation for xrefs, unfortunately wblock is working & it says that message.

no idea what kind of proxy object it is. The drawing is a bound drawing that contain many plans, i want to wblock each plan one by one in preparation for xrefs, unfortunately wblock is working & it says that message.

I can not help about proxy objects. but try this.

As you said drawing contains many plans , if by luck they are block & not exploded than in wblock dialoguebox you can choose 'block' option instead of 'objects' try that it may work.

Alternativley you can do save as to this drawing multiple times & delete all info other than required to creat the plan you need in all drawings.

Play with QSELECT to see if you can select the ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY in your drawing. If it's just one, you can probably work around it. If it's 80% of the drawing, you're going to need an object enabler (or a few) or you'll need the drawing originator to fix it.

A way to remove those proxy objects is to convert the drawing with AutoDesk "DWG True View".

If that doesn't do it, another way is to save the drawing to a dxf file of the lowest version available. Then dxf the file into an empty drawing. Save as the version you want.

Good luck!

• 3 years later...
hi, i'm trying to make WBLOCK but it is not working, it says:

Wblock operation rejected due to a proxy object that does not allow copying. Anybody can help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Try audit command... I think any error with that file...