Asus Laptop G71GX-RX05

aowsr

Has anyone used this laptop for MEP 2009, or any AutoCad products? I am considering buying this unit and would appreciate any input as to its capabilities. The above unit has Windows Vista Home Premium 64- Bit, 6GB Memory, 500GB hard drive, 17.1 Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M Graphics w/1GB GDDR3 Memory.

Please respond to Andy aowsr@mailcity.com

Used AutoCAD on numerous laptop PC's.

Early on I used 17" laptops, switched to 14" Thinkpad™ laptops. I have four of them. The thin 14" Thinkpad™ travels very well.

My work is always 2D. The Thinkpad™ T60, my newest, flies thru AutoCAD and any other programs I have loaded.

Small HDD 60g, 2g memory. Works like a charm.

With so much stuff on the laptop, I still have 40g free space.

Windows XP Pro SP3.

I just bought this laptop 3 weeks ago. I work w/ a lot of 3d. If your going to buy a laptop, IMHO spend the extra money and buy one instead of 2-3 Alien Ware is the best out there. It's a 64 Bit Quad processor w/8 GB of ram. It can man handle the largest of models. I run Inventor 09, Rhino 4 and Microstation V8 on it and honestly it doesn't bat an eye.