Making a curved shape Solid

chris b smith

Hey Peeps! Read the definition of SOLID as it pertains to AutoCAD LT I lifted straight from Ellen Finkelstein's book (see page 1 threads). It's 2D...not 3D.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• chris b smith

• chelsea1307

• Glen Smith

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I missed that, but all the more reason to use boundaries or regions right?

I'm guessing that Corel or the conversion software uses the "solid" as a trigger to etch that particular area.

Can the solid fill be added in Corel?

Glen

Hi All

Thanks Chelsea1307, the way you created the solid is how I have been achieving a solid in the past but it does take time and can look inferior to a automatic solid fill (if that is possible?) But I must say you did a good job. Hi Glen Smith yes, as ReMark posted its 2D, thanks for your interest and yes this could be an operation completed once imported into Coral, but I am trying to complete all the drawing in AutoCAD, and just use Coral as the controlling program to send the file to the laser cutter. Going back, does any body know how I could remove areas of a solid? The thought was to create a solid, then remove sections I don’t want to be solid, therefore achieving the desired result but by different means. Any thoughts.:unsure:

I couldnt find any ways to remove, trim doesnt work, subtract doesnt work, have you tried making it a 3d solid with a very small heigth and seeing if the machine/program recognizes that?

The confusion stems from the fact that LT has a SOLID command. Those of us using the full version immediately (I'm guilty too!) of thinking the OP is talking about a 3D solid as we know it.

Perhaps it should have been called SolidFILL and not SOLID. But then we might confuse it with the FILL command. I know...they should have named in OPAQUE!

Ok you all,

Thanks for your help, I’m off for the weekend now, I will sign back in on Monday, just in case someone has any other thoughts.

Have a good weekend every one.

Chris.