Viewport Grips Not There?!?!?

Kari H

Hi All -

I am having an issue. I have a file that has some type of viewport in the paper space. There is no border on it though to grip. I have all my layers on and unfrozen. No layers are locked. I can double click in the area of the "viewport" and it takes me to model space just like any normal viewport does, but when I go back to paper space, there is no viewport outer border again.

Is there a setting that makes viewports invisible or something?

Thank you!

Thats a good one! I can't wait to see what others have to say about this. In the 18 years I have been working with AutoCad this has never happened to me. Once again AutoCad doesn't disappoint in being very surprising.

Have you tried doing a 'Select All' (Ctrl+A) to see if it gets selected?

I had that issue once and i saved and closed the drawing. After reopening everything was back to normal. Havent really looked into it since it resolved itself. Maybe reopening is all it takes.

I FOUND IT! We have filters in our drawings. And for some reason a layer wasn't showing up in one filter but did show up in all. Anyway, it was the VP Freeze that was frozen.

Thank you all for the help!!