Rolling offset...help needed please.

tds73

Is there a way to post a dwg. that forum members can open? That way one could look at it and manipulate it around and see exactly what is going on.I have one drawn up with the existing 30" and the 44" existing. Then one would be able to see what it is that needs to be built.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tds73

• rkent

• tzframpton

• Tankman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure it can. That's what it's designed for. Talk to your reseller about an upgrade. You can download the Trial at autodesk.com for 30 days just to test it all out. :)

I am currently using duct designer 3d. One problem may be the fact that I have an older version, it cannot accomplish what I need with out total user input. Maybe a newer version could do it, but now I am trying to convince the company to upgrade my Autocad so I can upgrade my duct software.

Now on the other hand, our engineering company has mep. So if I go up there with all the existing pipe in place , and tell them I need to get from point a to point b , and explain the route I need to be near, they should be able to plug it in and give me the answer?

If so , that would be my last resort. I would really like to figure out how it is done manually, just for my knowledge if nothing else. I am also sure having that knowledge would be a building block for future predicaments. Kind of like, we had to learn math in school , even though everyone owns a calculator.:)

I would like to post one. Would someone else be able to open it in Autocad?

Sure. Just click on the "Go Advanced" button below the Quick Reply box, and you'll see the upload manager below the post box. :)

Sure. Just click on the "Go Advanced" button below the Quick Reply box, and you'll see the upload manager below the post box. :)

My drawing is too big, 370+ kb.

I am not smart enough to get it smaller.