Lighting help

herdy1212

this is still a work in progress but im having trouble lighting up the bottom left hand side of this image.

This is meant to be a cafe and behind the counter is very dark.

I have tried adding a light in that area to try and fix this but all it did was brighten up the whole scene and did nothing for the area im trying to light up.

Im not sure if its the materials, the counter is a stainless steel material and the flooring is meant to be like a black sort of tile.

I have also tried bumping the FG bounces up from 2 upto 5 and that didnt seem to help either :(

Anyone have any advice on what i could do to illuminate that part of the scene to show whats going on back there?

Thanks

Oxide Trial 2.jpg

Can you post a screenshot of the scene without materials? It's kind of difficult to tell what's going on. Is that black area the floor? And I guess there's a shelf on the wall? It kind of all blends together.

And the material on the counter is so reflective I can't really tell what I'm looking at?

Also, the lack of shadows is making the whole image appear very flat which adds to the confusion.

I think you just need some ceiling lights along the wall, above the counter. You have them along the wall, above where the customers sit, and you have them running down the center aisle, but you don't have any over behind the counter.

You might also want to re-think the black tile. Maybe go with a different color?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, been busy at work with other projects.

I have managed to solve the problem with dark patch, when you mentioned that the counter was really relfective i decided to turn down the material's reflectence levels and i guess now there is less of the black material bouncing around in the scene, which seems to have worked.