What text size do you use

Nick-H-

4, 5 or 7 mm text height in Paper Space, multiply with your scale to get model space height. But it really depends on many factors, first and foremost if you have any standards that says otherwise, if you have lots of text or just a few, if you have lots of lines or just a few. It's all about readability mate.

I always worked on the principal that annotation text was 1.8mm high when plotted. Of course that was with the AutoCAD standard font. If you want to use a True Type font, it should probably be a bit bigger, but easy reading is the guiding factor.

I have always set up my text so it can be read at A3 size...

i.e. an A0 printed at A3

My 1:100 text is 250 & my 1:50 text is 125 i find i can read these all at A3 just play around a bit , as it really depends on what type of work you produce in the end.

I have always set up my text so it can be read at A3 size...

i.e. an A0 printed at A3

My 1:100 text is 250 & my 1:50 text is 125 i find i can read these all at A3 just play around a bit , as it really depends on what type of work you produce in the end.

Yeh true, i was doing a ducting drawing earlier and the text had to be about 180, and i had to label all the sizes, in a small room and the text was taking over the drawing if you know what i mean