Undo Default??

AQucsaiJr

That seems very unlikely but AutoCad has always been the master of surprises. What exactly does it do when you try to undo? Do you get any feedback?

I think you may be write and I think I know which LISP it is... I have posted it up in the LISP section of the forum. To avoid a double post of the same question, can someone freeze or delete this post?

* I unloaded the LISP in question and it is still doing this, disabling the undo command. So I guess this is now the correct location for this post!

Thats a good question... I cant see a reason other than to mess with people... But I am not sure what other thing this LISP is supposed to do.

This is directly from the command line:

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: CUSTOM

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AUTOCADRASTERDESIGN

Regenerating model.

Unable to open applications file:

Electrical applications will NOT be loaded.

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Command: COMMANDLINE

Command: properties

Command:

Command: u

INTELLIZOOM

Command:

Command:

Command: _options

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ELECTRICAL

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: IMPRESSION

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AUTODESKSEEK

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AUTOCADRASTERDESIGN

Command:

Command:

AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities

; error: no function definition: WD_ARX_FORMAT_PATH

Command:

c:CHText.lsp loaded. Start command with CHT.

Number Increment Loaded, type "NumInc" to invoke...

Copyright © April 2009, Lee McDonnell.

** AutoNumber Loaded, type "AutoNum" to invoke **

- Copyright © June 2009, Lee McDonnell -

Command: u

U command disabled. Use UNDO command to turn it on

All I did was open ACAD 2010, Zoom out and use the undo command and it worked fine. Then I loaded the ACAD-Electrical profile through the options and zoomed out and undo now does not work... What gives? I have unloaded the LISP that I thought was causing this problem and it seems to still be doing it, disabling the undo command!

If I don't switch the profile the undo command seems to work fine. If I load the ACAD 2010 Electrical, with its default profile then the undo command works fine. There seems to be a problem with switching profiles in the ACAD 2010 without the ACAD 2010 Electrical loaded.

As far as I know I have all the updates... My system is set up to auto-update as far as I know. Is there a way to check this?

* I was just informed that I do not have this update. I am getting it now. I did find out that this is not just related to 2010 Electrical, but also a problem in ACAD-E 2009 as well.

** Got the update but the problem still exists.

I wonder what would happen if you invoke the REINIT command? I know it sounds crazy but while grasping for straws we might as well climb out on the limb.

Command line Undo

Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

Select Auto

Enter UNDO Auto mode [ON/OFF]

Select on

If this is the answer to your solution you should change the .dwt file incase someone has changed the setting when you open your default template.

Command line Undo

Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

Select Auto

Enter UNDO Auto mode [ON/OFF]

Select on

If this is the answer to your solution you should change the .dwt file incase someone has changed the setting when you open your default template.

This is what I have to do every time I open a new session of ACAD in order to get the Undo command working again. If I do it on one drawing it does not carry over to the next drawing I open though... I have to do it again. Also there is no Auto in 2010 that I could fined... the command I use to turn it back on is All.

Command line Undo

Enter the number of operations to undo or [All/None/One/Combine/Layer]

Select All

I just googled this and got a hit on the Autodesk forum. http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=652307

It sounds like the same problem as you are having, you are getting an error while loading:

Command:

AutoCAD Electrical menu utilities

; error: no function definition: WD_ARX_FORMAT_PATH

If you can stop that from loading and erroring, you can probably fix your problem.

Glen

I just googled this and got a hit on the Autodesk forum. http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=652307

It sounds like the same problem as you are having, you are getting an error while loading:

If you can stop that from loading and erroring, you can probably fix your problem.

Glen

I read through this and the OP solved the problem and did not say how unfortunately. I am going to try and figure out what the OP deleted.

Have you tried changing that info in the dwt not in the dwg

I have not changed the dwt... This same problem happens if I start ACAD using a different dwt as well.

• 7 months later...

Hi ReMark! Got a similar problem. I can only do one Undo. What happened to the old undo all the way back to the beginning of the drawing. UNDOCTL is read only. I type in Undo and I get Number of Operations to undo or(Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back) : I want to type U at the command prompt and just keep pressing enter until I'm back where I want to go. Doesn't work anymore. Sometimes, and this is weird, if I move a group of items, then enter undo to move them back, on a couple of the lines, etc. go back. The rest are left there. Do a regen. Still there.

Somebody explain to me what happened to the old, simple, plain, undo command. Why does Autodesk keep screwing with stuff that works?