Adding Muntins to Doors

p1nkninja

Right, hello smart ones!

I need help, help, heeelp. I am trying to improve my skills on the whole new autocad.

I found it rather easy to add muntins to windows: where you can just go to create a window from Tool palettes > Right Click on windows > Window styles > Display Properties > Style Override the model > Muntins > Add > and play around with the options.

When I tried to add muntins to a door, it just wont work :(

Thanks in advance :)

Right, hello smart ones!

I need help, help, heeelp. I am trying to improve my skills on the whole new autocad.

I found it rather easy to add muntins to windows: where you can just go to create a window from Tool palettes > Right Click on windows > Window styles > Display Properties > Style Override the model > Muntins > Add > and play around with the options.

When I tried to add muntins to a door, it just wont work :(

Thanks in advance :)

Are you sure you clicked the style override in the right Display Representation (Plan, Model, Elevation...etc)? It should work...looks like you done everything correct.

Tommy78:

"Muntin is a strip of wood or metal separating and holding panes of glass in a window."

Source: Wikipedia

Thanks, i'm not native English and couldn't find it in the first dictionary that google suggested so was a bit clueless :wink:.

There ya go. I just learnt something also.

Ithought he was talking about mullions.

Just shows ya never too old to learn.

D

Wikipedia:

A mullion is a structural element which divides adjacent window units[1].

Mullions may be made of any material, but wood and aluminum[2] are most common, although stone is also used between windows. Mullions are vertical elements and are often confused with transoms, which lie horizontally. The word is also confused with the "muntin" (or "glazing bar" in the UK) which is the precise word for the very small strips of wood or metal that divide a sash into smaller glass "panes" or "lites".

Crickey!, that's 2 new words i learnt today. :shock:

Lol, I figured out how to do it!!

For those of you who had a similar problem..

All you have to do is the following:

First import a similar door you'd like. How to do that?

- Under Design Palette, go to Doors, right-click on the desired door> Import

- Then follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the door in your modelspace.

2. Click on 'Edit Door Style'

3. Click on 'Design Rules' > Click 'Use Profile' > pull down menu and choose the door style you imported.

Now if you go to 'Design Properties' > Elevation > Muntins > Add. You will be able to add muntins :D YAAAAY!!

Perhaps there are other ways, but that way worked like magic for me!