Edit text

trackdawg22

I have managed to screw up my settings...somehow?? I no longer can double click on my text and edit it. The only way I am able to edit my text is by typing the command - ddeit. In fact, I am not able to edit anything by double clicking on it - hatch patterns, etc.

Any thoughts?

BTW- I am using AutoCAD 2010.

Thanks!

I have managed to screw up my settings...somehow?? I no longer can double click on my text and edit it. The only way I am able to edit my text is by typing the command - ddeit. In fact, I am not able to edit anything by double clicking on it - hatch patterns, etc.

Any thoughts?

BTW- I am using AutoCAD 2010.

Thanks!

Another reason for this might be your noun/verb selection might be turned off. Go to 'Tools' - 'Options' - 'Selection' and make sure that noun/verb selection is clicked. This is the command that allows double click editing.

That did it - thanks you! BTW- what is PICKFIRST? I changed it to 0 and it seems to be working. :)

PICKFIRST determines wheter you can select objects before you execute a command or if you have to select the objects at the Select Objects: prompt.

Not to sound like I don't want to be helpful, but try hitting the F1 key and see what AutoCAD help has to say.

Glen

I agree with you to some extent Glen, Help has good info on lots of things. And in this case yes, it's as simple as searching for PICKFIRST. To navigate the Help is however not the easiest thing if you're not used to it, which is why I added the explanaition on what PICKFIRST does here.

Another reason for this might be your noun/verb selection might be turned off. Go to 'Tools' - 'Options' - 'Selection' and make sure that noun/verb selection is clicked. This is the command that allows double click editing.

Just to make it very clear - this is exactly the same as changing PICKFIRST. Many variables have a tick-box somewhere that controls the same thing. It's just a matter of how you want to do it.

I agree with you to some extent Glen, Help has good info on lots of things. And in this case yes, it's as simple as searching for PICKFIRST. To navigate the Help is however not the easiest thing if you're not used to it, which is why I added the explanaition on what PICKFIRST does here.

Tiger,

I didn't mean to step on any toes. I think that the AutoCAD help is both great and sometimes nearly useless. If you have a problem that you are trying to fix and you're looking for it in the help but don't hit on the perfect description for a search you may never find it. Posting the question here may be your only hope.

On the other hand, when you have the command / system variable, and are trying to figure it out, asking AutoCAD should be the first thing you do.

Glen

Tiger,

I didn't mean to step on any toes. I think that the AutoCAD help is both great and sometimes nearly useless. If you have a problem that you are trying to fix and you're looking for it in the help but don't hit on the perfect description for a search you may never find it. Posting the question here may be your only hope.

On the other hand, when you have the command / system variable, and are trying to figure it out, asking AutoCAD should be the first thing you do.

Glen

No toes stepped on Glen, since you responded like you did I wanted to explain why I explained what PICKFIRST was anyway, even though it is easy to search through help when you know what to search for.

There's also the added point of even if you find PICKFIRST in there (or any other command, there are harder ones that PICKFIRST to wrap your head around) it's not always easy to understand what it means, especially if, like me, English is not your first language.