Graphics card/driver compatibility issue

crb

Hello everybody. Noobie here... Just purchased a new EVGA GeForce 6200 card for my 5-year-old AMD Sempron AGP 4X/8X machine, running AutoCad'08 (2D, primarily) and XP Pro. Was sad to find out after installation that Autodesk does not support this graphics chipset, and there are issues that I cannot live with, so I am now looking for a different graphics card (desktop graphics, as I can't afford to go the cost of any workstation graphics cards on this box)...

I see from the Autodesk compatibility listings that they do support the older AMD/ATI 2400, 1600 and 1650 chipsets, but my choices are limited, whereas I'd like to utilize one of the newer cards that use the AMD/ATI 3000 or 4000 series chipsets. I'd like to be able to use GDDR and have more memory capacity. Does anybody know of a reliable driver set that can marry one of the newer cards to my AutoCad'08? How 'bout a graphics card suggestion? (I know the AGP slot limits me, but I gotta use it... I've heard that sisterboards to use a PCI-E card exist, but I can't find out anything about them).

If I'm stuck with the 2400, 1600 or 1650 cards, can anybody suggest a good one? I've seen horrible reviews on the PowerColor and HIS cards, and even the reviews on the Sapphire and VisionTek cards are mixed, saying they often required too much tweaking or had driver and support issues.

Or, if anybody has a lead on a good driver for my GeForce 6200 card, I could possibly make that thing work...

I sure could use a nudge in the right direction... Thanks!

EDIT: Sapphire reports that they have AutoCad users up and running on their HD3850 AGP cards, but they did not name a source for the drivers. I'm assuming it's the drivers from their site (I hear they differ from those on the AMG/ATI site). This chipset is not in the AutoDesk support list, though. The card seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Anybody using it?

The 191.07 is what I'm using now, but I see that there is a later release date (10/5/09) shown now, even though the 191.07 did not change. I'll try downloading it and see if it works on AutoCad better than what I have now. Thanks for the heads-up.