Rotation Problem

Coosbaylumber

Rotation Problem..

This is starting to drive me crazy, but got a visual problem with one particular drawing that I had imported via a huge DXF file, and it created a near 30 meg file now.

Have done this numerous times and has worked fine in past, but as per normal routine is to set in two huge circles at each end of a line known to be due horizontal.

Iffn' I measure from one center of circle to the other it initially gave some huge distance, but a bearing of 354.144 degrees. No problem, so I will rotate it to zero, and scale to correct the overall size then. This is begining of problem for this one drawing.

I get the rotate command going,

It asks where rotation point is at? I say center of lefthand circle. OK then.

It then does something, and warms up.

Then asks, what rotation angle is to be or a reference angle?

I hit R and say from the center of thissa circle to thata circle (one on right) is to be zero. It blanks out and begins to rotate all 29,000 plus lines.

Comes back in visual and it turned alright, but not to what I said. It looks cocked off to one side a few degrees. Again, I check measurement, and it says from Here to There is 357 degrees. I never thought of 357 degrees nor inserted that number.

Well, something is wrong. Lets try it again (have done this six times now on same exact drawing).

And so Rotate gets used again. Near same results.

However, this time it reports the bearing as zero (as it should be) but appears cockeyed. During the regeneration process the itty-bitty lines appear botton to top in a diagonal fashion. Not dead flat appearing as should be normal.

I regen, no difference.

I exit the Acad software totally.

Enter it again, call up the problem drawing. It shows up diagonally, and bearing from center to center is again 357 degrees. Essentially no change from the second rotation.

Now, what is going wrong here with this particular drawing? I have done larger and smaller ones same way and got correct results. This one is baffling me as to just why this single one will not rotate, and as to why it visually it may rotate, but then again when measured it cite OK, but once exited, will not hold. Or as to why the bearing citation is different each time.

Do I need to go back and recreate the whole drawing again to solve? Am doing this at home using a computer running R-14 on 98. Doing the function on three different computers here, and all give same results with same exact drawing. I have this one drawing XREF'd in to another, and always shows up cocked there too.

Wm.

Patrick;

The UCS has never been altered. Is set as set. N-S and E-W. Had considered that way back when, as maybe the thing was altered w/o my knowledge. But....

I had to make up a whole new drawing this morning. And, in doing so think that I may have figured out what was going wrong with my rotation biz..

I think it relates to the PIK POINT box.

For noticed that when I picked the point on left margin, said OK. When I picked the big circle on right margin, istead of finding the center, it found the center to "another" circle near to the one I wanted. Tried this pik twelve times now and until today kept getting the main circle highlighted as selected.

Basically, it was picking a circle not at all imagined, but one off the direct line by about the three degrees that I originally had wanted. It was picking the wrong circle. The proper one was getting highlighted, but everything was getting rotated on the drawing East-West to wrong centers then. (My drawings have numerous extra added circles to them, that need to be rotated right along with everything else.)

Now, how do I get the PIK POINT box influence to be exactly the same as the outlines to the box depicted as the Pik Point? Not some percentage beyond the perimiter of the box, but exactly to the amount of the box lines then.

I think that the influence was too big and thus the problem.

Wm.